Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 27 Thurs May 15


Hiking by 0540 this morning! Only because the wind picked up and nearly blew us out of the tent.......nothing like waking up in a windstorm! Hiked up the ridge and the wind didn't stop, it was crazy! With my pack, I prob. weigh close to 150 lbs and a few of those gusts were tossing me around, so they had to be close to 50 mph gusts. Got to a ranger station by 11am and realized that we'd already hiked 12 miles! Wow! The wind really moved us! Ate some food and pushed on, by this time it was HOT. But slowly, we made our way along the trail. At one point, we found a spot of shade and sat along side the trail for a nice break, I took my sunhat off, we aired out our feet and then a big gust of wind came along and poof............there goes my sunhat.......down the very steep enbankment........ahhhhhhhh!!! Neighbor retrieved it for me :) Thank you again! Eventually made it to a closed campground and hiked 23.5 miles for the day.

No comments: