Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 4 April 22nd


Camped with Asaf, bigfoot, razor, gene, potiential 178, sweetfish and one other last night, moon was full, neighbor got a picture. Started hiking early, saw Mt. San Jacinto in the far distance today, still snow covered! Saw cacti with beautiful pink flowers, forgot to put on sunscreen (which I would pay for later). Put in 15.7 miles. Camped by the water source at Rodriguez Truck Spur trail with the "crew" (cuppa joe, gypsy lulu, jarrow, dandy, low bridge, asaf, and a few others) Had chicken alfredo pasta for dinner which was great (from freezerbagcooking.com) Windy night, dirt kept blowing in the tent all night long and we woke to beach sand covering our sleeping bags! It is amazing just how windy it really is out here. I almost left my $15 Target windbreaker at home and boy am I glad I didn't! It's worth every cent!

No comments: