Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 6 April 24, 2008


Survived the night in the tent! It almost came down on us a couple times! Hiking by 6am, the morning hours are just wonderful to hike in. Chilly, but wonderful! I put SPF on my hand right away once the sun came up (I now have sun blisters on both of my hands due to forgetting the sunscreen just one day) Saw a silver/gray snake today (I don't know my snakes) but it was cool looking. The hike down to Barrel Spring was a long hot one. The switchbacks on the PCT are insane! We meandered atleast 5 miles to go somewhere 2 miles away! Once we reached the spring, we found that Yogi (a PCT hiker from a couple yrs ago) had left us some gatorade! YEAH! Lots of hikers camped here this night.....all excited for the big PCT kickoff party happening this weekend, only 8 miles to Warner Springs where we will catch a ride back down south to Lake Morena where the party is.

No comments: