Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 5 April 23rd 2008


What a fun day! Woke up early in a dust storm and hiked the 8 miles to Scissors crossing and hitched into the town of Julian. Neighbor, Asaf and I were picked up by a nice couple that knew many of the desert flowers. Once in town, we found Dandy, Low bridge, Jarrow, Patch and Gypsy and all had breakfast together. I rested my legs (knees are a bit sore) while Asaf and Neighbor ran a few errands and Neighbor brought me back a piece of apple crumb pie and ice cream (Julian is FAMOUS for their apple pie) and boy was it good! Then we walked to the libary and found internet access and e-mailed home for the first time on the trip. Hitched back to the trail (with a nice mountain biker from L.A out for the day) and hiked another 5-6 miles to a good campspot. The wind on the hike in was CRAZY, blowing me all over the place! We put up the tent and soon it almost blew in! We were in for one heck of a night! But the view was amazing! :)

No comments: